PBT – Managed Online Backup Terms & Conditions
PBT provides Managed Online Backup Services via third-party vendors’ backup solutions. The use of this service is subject to the PBT Terms and Conditions outlined below. It’s important for all clients using this service to understand that the service does not guarantee that your data can always be restored in all situations.
PBT Terms and Conditions of Service
- Where requested, PBT will provide a service (utilising industry-accepted Third-Party Vendors) to back up client data to a local storage device (NAS, USB Hard Drive, SAN etc.) and/or an Online data storage facility located in Australia.
- By using this service, you agree to the Third Party Vendors’ Terms and conditions of use (https://www.n-able.com/legal or https://www.veeam.com/eula.html)
- PBT will check the status of the backups on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday utilising the software’s reporting capabilities.
- If we find a reported problem, we will notify you and look to resolve the issue (time spent will be charged).
- You, the client, recognize and accept that no backup solution provides 100% data protection. PBT cannot and does not warrant that all client data will be backed up and secure in all circumstances.
- To assist you with mitigating the risk of data loss the customer can instruct us at any time or on a set frequency to perform test restores of your data. We do not undertake this test unless specifically instructed or as part of a monthly IT Maintenance agreement. Testing a Backup Restore is the only way to ensure a backup is working at the point in time that the test is completed.
- Either party’s liability in contract, tort or otherwise (including negligence) arising directly out of or in connection with this service or the performance or observance of its obligations shall be limited in aggregate to the price for three months of the Managed Online Backup service.
- To the extent it is lawful, in no event shall either party be liable for any loss of profits, goodwill, loss of business, loss of data or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever.