Sybiz Visipay V24 is now available
This release is focussed on ESS improvements and enhancements.
If you are ready to upgrade, please complete the online upgrade form.
STP2 for child support requires new deduction types
Support for reporting child support deductions and child support garnishees under Single Touch Payroll Phase 2 (STP2) is now available. New deduction types need to be assigned for utilization, and these can be configured in the Lookups > Payroll > Deductions section. (CR2205-0670)
First names no longer required for STP2
The employee maintenance requirements have been updated to accommodate support for individuals with a single name. Now, the last name field can be used to input a single name, and first names are no longer mandatory. (CR210345588)
TFN Declaration Export removed
Due to the capability of STP2, the TFN Declaration Export functionality is no longer required and has been removed from Sybiz Visipay 24.00 onwards. (CR2305-2172)
ESS access restricted
Enhanced security measures have been implemented for ESS access in Sybiz Visipay, limiting access to specific user accounts. You can select individuals with access to ESS functionality, permitting control over Sybiz mobile app logins and third-party access. By default, existing users will have both desktop and mobile access, while Administrators will be set to desktop only. (CR2304-2011)
ESS requires upgrading
ESS requires upgrading to the latest version when upgrading to Sybiz Visipay 24.00 due to new security restrictions in place and other technology updates.
Minimum supported version of Microsoft SQL Server
the minimum supported version of Microsoft SQL Server is 2017. When upgrading from versions older than 23.00, a message will appear during the upgrade process if the user’s minimum requirements fall outside this scope, ensuring compatibility levels are enforced before the database is upgraded.
We advise that when upgrading Microsoft SQL Server to opt for the latest version available at the time, rather than sticking to the minimum supported version. This approach ensures not only extended longevity but also enhances performance capabilities.
Operating system compatibility
Certain older operating systems (Microsoft Windows XP, some versions of Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Server 2003), Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016), and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 are not compatible with Sybiz 24.00 – if uncertain consult with PBT prior to upgrading. Microsoft Windows 11 is supported for Sybiz 22+ with compatibility extending to some other later versions of Sybiz solutions.
Child support reporting enabled for STP2
Sybiz Visipay 24.00 has activated the optional child support reporting feature through Single Touch Payroll Phase 2 (STP2). This added functionality empowers employers to report child support garnishees and deductions directly within Sybiz Visipay through STP2, eliminating the need for separate reporting to the Child Support Registrar. This streamlines the process, saving time and effort. To utilise this function, new deduction types must be assigned and configured in Lookups > Payroll > Deductions. It’s important to note that the setup of Child Support deductions and garnishment amounts should align with specific guidance from Services Australia. (CR2205-0670)
Add single name employees
To support a more diverse range of employees, Sybiz Visipay now allows the entry of single name employees with surname now being the only required name entry field. (CR210345588)
WebAPI access is even more secure
Security measures for accessing WebAPI in Sybiz Visipay has been strengthened, with access now limited to specific user accounts. This enhancement empowers companies to selectively designate individuals with access to WebAPI functionality, including the option to permit specific users for Sybiz mobile app logins or oversee third-party access. (CR2304-2011)
Employees can update their own payslip email address
In addition to providing employees the option to designate a distinct email address for receiving payslips (e.g., a personal email), they now have the capability to independently update this address through both the Sybiz Visipay Employee Self Service (ESS) desktop and the Visipay ESS mobile app. This new email address feature maintains the flexibility of having a separate email address for other Sybiz Visipay communications, including leave requests, approvals, and logins. (CR2307-2436)
Streamlining of Employee Income Statement STP event
Default selections on employee income statement final update events have been modified to enhance the results of these less frequently performed STP events. Now, all employees will be automatically chosen by default to finalize the year, and users have the option to deselect them as needed. (CR2308-2464)
Clearer leave planning
In order to facilitate a more streamlined process for planning and booking leave in advance, the web-based Employee Self Service (ESS) portal now presents requested and approved leave in chronological order. This aligns with the presentation style in the Visipay ESS mobile app. (CR2308-2487)
Import Leave Approval Groups
Expanding the extensive list of importable fields in Sybiz Visipay, the Leave Approval Group field is now capable of both export and import operations for employees. This enhancement proves particularly advantageous for businesses that require efficient management of data changes across a significant number of employees. (CR2308-2518)
Fixes and Improvements
- User rights have been adjusted to allow rolling of month and year in Sybiz Visipay without performing SQL backups. (CR2310-2704)
- Correction of spelling error in error message. (CR2304-1963)
- Editing a suburb of an employee no longer leads to a partial broken rule. (CR2305-2096)
- Web update now targets correct web update schema. (CR2305-2151)
- Visipay Platform login now operates as expected on login. (CR2305-2154)
- ETPs with tax withheld of non whole dollar amounts are no longer allowed. (CR2307-2358)
- Setting a new password via ESS no longer enforces constraints that are not already active. (CR2307-2405)
- ABN with spaces against Company now formats as expected in reporting. (CR2308-2491)
- Import of employees now allows selection of newly added Pay Location. (CR2308-2501)
- When importing Employee Data, the Reports To field is no longer cleared if missing in the file. (CR2308-2504)
- The start date for a pay run that commences prior to the start of the new financial year is now reflected as is, rather than as the first day of the financial year. (CR2308-2547)
- Importing an invalid Superannuation employee file no longer leads to unexpected error. (CR2309-2607)
- Having a leave title/description with a trailing space no longer results in ESS application crashing. (CR2310-2745)
- Numerous other minor improvements have been included in this release: CR2308-2464, CR2308-2487, CR2308-2518, CR2308-2530, CR2310-2704, CR2305-2096, CR2305-2151, CR2305-2154, CR2307-2358, CR2307-2405, CR2308-2491, CR2308-2501, CR2308-2504, CR2308-2547, CR2309-2607, CR2310-2745.